In accordance with the Nipissing University Act of 1992, the direction and operations of the University are determined by a bicameral governance: the Senate and the Board of Governors.
The duties and mandate of the Board of Governors and the Senate are generally divided based on administration and academic requirements, with the Senate and its various committees and subcommittees assessing the academic needs of the University. This includes evaluating new programs and courses, approval of graduates, establishing admission requirements and searches for selection committees.
Nipissing University Act
- Nipissing University Act
- Nipissing University Act 1992, Bill Pr70, Hansard
- Nipissing University Act 2001, Bill Pr25
Special Governance Commission
- Report of the Special Governance Committee
- Senate Budget Advisory Committee
- Board and Senate Meetings
- Standing Joint Committee of the Board of Senate on Governance